Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May 4th


"We were looking up at the trees and we were laying down and saw some buds on the trees."
"I pulled a log out of somewhere and saw a salamanders tail that looked like a stick and when I pulled it out it was a salamander."
"We saw green spots on the ground and that's a sign of spring."
"I found a fiddlehead that was on the ground and I picked it up so I could share it with my group. A fiddlehead turns into a fern."
"Our class was picking up wood pieces so we could make a fire for one of our activities."
"We were playing a game and I was able to get some bonus time with Ms. S. and we read some books." 
"I found a stick that had buds on it and I wanted to plant it in the ground."
(Unfortunately the stick didn't make it in to the picture.)
"I found this branch on the tree and I swinged on it and it was fun."
"I was swinging from the branch."
"We were trying to get people up and down on a see saw."
"People kept getting off and moving to the other side and people kept jumping on and falling off.  When people got off and went on the other side there was less people on that side and more weight on the other."
"We were having a race of who could get the wood first, using chunks of wood that look like cookies."
"We had to find words in the cookies and we had to take one by one to make them."
"We had to carry them on a spatula."
"My friend and I were trying to find flowers on our list.  There were flowers on a tree so we could check them off our list."
"We were stirring some dough to make bread."
"We used flour, sugar, salt, water, oil and baking soda to make the dough."
"After we made them we cooked them over the fire."
"We wrapped the dough around the stick and then we cooked them."
"We were making paint brushes with sticks and other things like leaves and pine needles and used rubber bands to put it on sticks and then we got mud and painted."
"I was smashing a log and when I smashed it the last time a lot of fire ants came out."
"There were lots of fire ants and we were looking inside and Ms. Rasco pushed down the stump.  A friend found lots of fire ants."
"We stepped on a log and we stepped on those branches and then the branches held us up to stand on the tree."
"Everyone was taking turns doing it."










No comments:

Post a Comment