Thursday, January 7, 2016

Snow, Ice and Fire


"We were heading to our Wednesday in the Woods."
"We were walking across the snow and it was kind of like ice."
"We were trying to go down and sled but we weren't allowed to, or else we would get hurt.  The snow was slippery."
"We used the rope to go down carefully."
"We were also sliding on our bottoms."
"Some friends went super fast at the end."
"We were playing a kitty game."
"After we played the kitty game we made some noise with a stick.  I hit it against the tree and it made a noise sort of like ding.  We also cracked some of the ice.  I noticed that when I stomped on it one time, it made a crack sound."
"I was getting some pieces to make an igloo so that I could keep warm in my sit spot."
"We were building an igloo and some people were coming to help build it.  We were working hard.  We made windows and it was almost done but we couldn't finish it."
"There were people sitting by the fire to warm their hands."
"I lied down on my belly and took my gloves off to get warm by the fire."
"I was sitting there so that I could heat up."
"When I was sitting at the fire, I took my gloves off and then I went to find my friends."
"We were looking at the fire."
"I hit a stick on the snow and it made a tap noise, then I warmed up."
"I was warming up by the fire."
"We were building an igloo with ice.  We stacked them and we were going to make stairs."
"We were making igloos.  It's not finished yet.  We're trying to make it big enough for the whole class to go in it.  We're going to make a plan.  I was thinking that we should make a roof with windows, but we didn't make a roof because it's not finished."
"I saw them and then I joined in.  Then I went to find my friends, but I couldn't find them so I got a stick and dug a hole and then the whistle blew.  That means we have to go in to the circle."
"It looks much taller now.  We were trying to make it as tall as us."
"We actually had a a slippy part, so we grabbed pans and put them on our bottoms, then scooched our legs and got to the slippery part and went down.  We went up and down, up and down."
"I joined in on the fun way at the end."
"We stomped our feet into the ground.  When we stomped our feet, the snow and the ice broke into pieces and we stacked it on our igloo, but it's not all done."
"When we stomped our boots on our the snow, it made a lot of pieces for our igloo."
"When we were playing the kitty game, one friend had a great idea.  To cook dinner."
"I was making some soup because we were playing a kitty game and I was cooking.  One friend was our mom, and I was a boy and I was cooking for our kitties and dogs."
"We are walking up from Wednesday in the woods to go back to school."
"We were going up and I noticed that one tree that I saw looked like an X"
"We were going up to the school and we were holding on the rope and when we went in we put our boots against the wall in the hall."
"We also took our snow pants off and boots and jackets.  So we don't get really hot."

No comments:

Post a Comment